A close friend of mine calls me a "Wordsmith"...as my memory bank holds a collection of quotes, sayings, verses and stories that have been engrafted into my soul and spirit on this journey of life. What is written, are things that have enriched my life, so in turn, it is my prayer that those who visit this blog may be touched in some way!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

ORDERLINESS

"For God is not a God of disorder
  but of peace." (I Corinthians 14:32-33)

Paul explains what it means to be sanctified and to live an orderly life.  Therefore if our lives are characterized by disorder and confusion, we are not experiencing sanctification. 

In the creation narrative, we see the Holy Spirit bringing order out of chaos (Genesis 1). and whenever the Spirit is allowed to work, He will perform that ministry. Believers who walk in the Spirit will have orderly lives, even though to the unbelieving world their lives may seem inconsistent.  Jesus compared  the work of the Spirit in the believer to the blowing of the unpredictiable wind. (John 3:8)
~~Excerpt from "Bless You"- Receiving and Sharing the Blessings of the Lord by Warren W. Wiersbe

I write this as I am cleaning and purging "stuff".  I have been a collector of antiques and unusual eclectic stuff since I was a kid.  "Stuff" obscures my view and brings distraction from what I feel the Lord would have me focus on (away from the temporal to the eternal)  Reminds me of the verse, "For we look not to the things that are seen, but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are temporary and the things that are unseen are eternal" ( 2 Corinthians 4:18) I'm thankful that He isn't finished with me yet and I am still in the process of being sanctified.  I want to be in a place where my "theology" is consistent with my "reality"; so I am taking each prompting step by step as an act of obedience and trust the Lord to have his way in me.  I realize that sanctification is a life long process and I am working out my own salvation with fear and trembling.

So here is the process to get more SPACE!
S - SORT
P - PURGE
A - ASSIGN A PLACE
C - CONTAINERIZE
E - ELIMINATE

Hallelujah and Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Betty! It feels so good to "travel light" in terms of "stuff." I just purged a bunch, and bought some storage organizers; still have a ways to go, but made good progress. We have turned into minimalists. A trip to Ikea provides fabulous organization ideas and that is what inspired me! I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa- Never been to Ikea...I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete