A close friend of mine calls me a "Wordsmith"...as my memory bank holds a collection of quotes, sayings, verses and stories that have been engrafted into my soul and spirit on this journey of life. What is written, are things that have enriched my life, so in turn, it is my prayer that those who visit this blog may be touched in some way!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

FACEDOWN

This past weekend I spent some time with my sister, Linda.  We were discussing some of the past Beth Moore bible studies we have both done.  The subject of "facedown" came up, which was introduced in the study "Stepping Up".   She challenged me...."Are you still doing that daily?"    I confessed, No... but I sense it was a "love tap" from God.... He knows my heart and is nudging me to posture "facedown" before Him!

"Facedown...the idea is to demonstrate reverence and surrender, however you personalize it!  Getting down on our faces first thing in the morning has the tremendous advantage of setting the tone for the day.  In God's economy the way up is down!" Beth Moore

Years ago, I had a dream where I was praying "facedown"; The Lord's hand came and rested on my right shoulder and His voice (like thunder), spoke a word of direction to me. His voice so powerful, startled me in somewhat of an awestruck fear.  It is hard to explain, but I will never forget it!

So at this time and place, I am encouraged to fall FACEDOWN ( Leviticus 9:24)

I recently came across a CD entitled "Facedown" by Matt Redman and is the cover of the CD jacket I have posted as a pic!   The lyrics are as follows:

"Welcomed  in to the courts of the King
I've been ushered into your presence
Lord, I stand on your merciful ground
Yet with every step tread with reverence

And I fall facedown
As your glory shines around
Yes, I fall facedown
As your glory shines around

Who is there in the heavens like you?
And on earth, who's your equal?
You are far above, You're the highest of heights
We are bowing down to exalt you

So let your glory shine around
Let our glory shine around
King of glory, here be found
King of glory"

No comments:

Post a Comment